Are you an experienced leader with the capability to coach cross functional teams to become high performing? Can you inspire people to develop future innovation? Would you like to join a cutting-edge tech company, in a warm inclusive culture where it’s safe to fail and where your experience can inspire others? Zenseact is solving the engineering challenge of the century, self-driving cars, creating the future of mobility with the purpose of saving millions of human lives on the way. Are you the inspiring Engineering Manager we need to help our teams reach zero collisions faster? Then apply today! No CV needed at first stage, only contact information. We’ll cover the rest later!
Insights from the team
You will be joining our Agile Release Train (ART) Perception and Compute Platform (PCOMP) – or Static World Driving (SWD). PCOMP builds a platform for our AD/ADAS (autonomous drive/advanced driver assistance systems) software OnePilot to run in simulation and on real hardware – they’re responsibility is to provide state-of-the art development vehicles, integration environments, platform services and perception components. SWD builds a world-class AD&ADAS function through estimating the road environment, navigating through it, and together with driver act in that environment.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
At Zenseact an Engineering Manager works closely with the Product Owner of the respective team. While the Product Owner maximizes the output of the product and the technical delivery, the Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the teams and individuals in the group. The EM acts as a "gardener", enabling and helping teams and individuals to grow, and as a leader works to inspire and motivate the staff. As an EM you have responsibility for delivery, and a prominent role in strategic decision-making. In order to deliver results, you need to have a good understanding and overview of daily operations and the team's backlog, to be able to guide the teams through challenges and remove obstacles in the way. In your close collaboration with the PO, you will support him/her to define good backlog items from a clarity, size, and acceptance criteria perspective. You will be working close to the Scrum Masters of the teams, coaching and promoting agile way of working and principles.
You will be coaching several teams, probably three to four. The teams will consist of employees or external consultants or a mix. You will also be actively engaged in recruiting, employer branding, salary review and financial forecasting.
Your day will not look like the others, but here are some examples of daily tasks:
- Coach world-class Software development teams, always having the customer needs and the people in focus.
- Advocate and promote Agile principles within your teams.
- Live and breathe the company culture and let this guide the continuous improvement of our way of working.
- Enable flexibility, robustness, and innovation by supporting the development of technical as well as personal skills in the teams.
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to support the team needs around team resources, competences and remove obstacles to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Invest in the personal growth of team members and empower them to lead Zenseact‘s future.
- Engage in the product development related to your teams and assure your teams' alignment with strategic direction and focus of the company.
- Pro-actively promote a safety culture
- Ensure cross-functional collaboration with relevant teams and stakeholders, most likely also on the customer side
We place focus on our teams, and we put our people at the center of everything we do. Together we develop the skills necessary to drive innovation and change. With ambition and fiery team spirit, we turn every new page together. At the end of the day, our unique strength lies with empowered and purpose driven teams, who work in an agile and flexible way to make it happen.
Qualifications & experience
We want you to show us how your leadership and coaching can make our teams exceed expectations. You have worked in an innovative environment, probably at an exciting start-up previously or an R&D department or similar.
Your foundation should be:
- A proven ability to build and develop high performing teams.
- Previous experience from leadership roles, where you have been successfully leading and inspiring teams.
- You always put people first and are passionate to see how people grow around you.
- Background in software development, integration, and preferably embedded systems and/or AI / Deep Learning
- Solid foundation in agile understanding and coaching skills; having a toolbox of agile and coaching methodologies that you can apply flexibly
- A can-do attitude and a result-oriented person.
- An innovative and flexible mindset.
- Academic background or previous work experience within Software Development or similar.
The rest, you tell us...
Applications are screened continuously and therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible, but no later than February 23rd
What more do we offer?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Our software makes a difference.
Using AI-based technology to create the ultimate driver support, we’re fighting to end car accidents and make roads safe for everyone. Every year, around 1,4 million people die in traffic while approximately 50 million people get injured. Many get disabled as a result of their injury. We can do better.
One purpose, one product.
We’re a software company dedicated to revolutionizing car safety. By designing the complete software stack for autonomous driving and advanced driver-assistance systems, we’re fighting to end car accidents and make roads safe for everyone. Zenseact was founded by Volvo Cars, and the teams are based in Gothenburg, Sweden, and Shanghai, China. When we aim for zero accidents faster, we strive to speed up the transition to safe automation. This is essentially achieved by making cars updatable – like a computer or a phone. With regular software updates, a vehicle can be made safer long after its production. By accelerating improvement loops, shortening development cycles, and deploying high-capacity software quickly, we can make cars safer, faster.
Culture with people at heart
To achieve our mission of saving lives and ending traffic accidents is to go where nobody has before. It requires us to venture into the unknown, pioneering new technology and pushing the frontier of autonomous driving. While there’s no denying our determination and expertise, we must stand united to succeed. By fostering a culture of support and enablement – a place of psychological safety where all of us can thrive – everything else will follow. We call this a people-at-heart culture. This culture means caring. It means the company cares about me, and we care about one another. It means sharing, so we give each other energy and have fun together. Our culture is also about belonging. It’s important to feel at home and that we can be ourselves at work. Finally, a people-at-heart culture means well-being. So, we enjoy the flexibility needed to be and do our best – at work and in life.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.