Are you a specialist in Linux? Do you want a purposeful job that will help save millions of lives and transform the way cities and cars are perceived? Want to work in a warm and inclusive culture where a lot of really smart individuals come to work every day? Would you like to improve and develop our Ubuntu client platform, from minor refinements and automations, to high level design of how we can support our user community better? Then apply today - no CV is needed, only contact info at first stage.
Insights from the team
Team Yoda, within Enterprise IT, is responsible for “Digital workplace, collaboration, and integrations”. We deliver client management, collaboration applications, identity access management, and application integrations. The broader business look to Team Yoda to provide guidance, directions, and stable IT solutions which enhance the end user experience. Team Yoda is technically diverse, creative, autonomous team, and we value personal development and learning.
At Zenseact the largest client platform is Ubuntu and the user community is primarily technically skilled software engineers. As our Linux Specialist your main responsibility will be to improve and develop our Ubuntu client platform, from minor refinements and automations, to high level design of how we can support our user community better.
In your day to day work you will work in close collaboration with team Yoda, the client platform manager and the user community. You will be part of a cross-functional, truly agile and autonomous team, where you will have support to direct your own learning, broaden your competence and develop your skills. Personal and professional growth are very important at Zenseact, thus we want to create the right atmosphere for high-performing teams and we enjoy seeing our people grow!
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading the planning, development and lifecycle management of our Linux client platform.
- Maintaining systems to deploy, update and monitor Ubuntu clients.
- Maintaining a Linux test environment to evaluate Ubuntu deployments and user tools.
- Be a point of Second/Third line support for Linux related issues.
We would like a successful candidate to demonstrate:
- Deep understanding of Ubuntu Linux.
- Solid ability to manage Linux in an enterprise environment.
- Experience using Linux management tools.
- Good understanding of certificate management in Linux.
- Comfort in constructing basic scripts in a language of your choice; for example bash, python, ruby, C.
- General understanding of infrastructure fundamentals; DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.
- Ability to write clear documentation.
- Enjoy working in an international organization with people from different cultures.
- Share our Zenseact values; Seek and share knowledge, take ownership, push boundaries and grow trust.... with people at heart.
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- Fluency in English.
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
At Zenseact we want to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from pixel to torque. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars and Polestar.
Every year, 1.350.000 people are killed in traffic accidents, another 55.000.000 people are injured. With the push of our technology and the use of our software, we can move towards zero, faster. That's our purpose and that's why we get up in the morning. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.