Insights from the Team
In the sub area System and Integration, part of the Product Area Computer Vision, teams work with delivering a production computer vision pipeline for automotive use-cases, for driver assistance (ADAS) as well as automated driving (AD).
The computer vision system is the richest sensor from an information perspective, but also a challenge to implement robustly. Therefore, we are on our way to build a new team, who will work specifically with our Fish-Eye cameras and will consist of two Camera/Image Engineers and two experienced C++ developers to start with.
We write production code for safety critical systems, something which require special processes, thorough code review and testing. As many concepts are state-of-the-art there is room to learn and gain knowledge in various API’s and platforms by proof of concepts.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
What's in it for you? An an experienced Software Developer in our new team, you have the possibility to influence the direction of the product and the way we work at an exciting industry with the mission to save lives and shape the future. All this at a global work place with people from all over the world (we have colleagues from 57 countries to be exact :)). Example of your work tasks can be:
- Design Software, which is modular, correct, performing, testable, maintainable and fulfills the automotive industry safety requirements. You will literally make self-driving cars (well, the software anyway) and change the world!
- Working with Image Processing algorithms and our Fish-Eye Cameras.
- Setting up Continuous Testing & Delivery.
Besides these examples, you have the chance to be:
- Part of a cross functional and autonomous team, developing algorithms and development tools in the Computer Vision field for Active Safety and Autonomous Drive.
- Learning and getting more experience in advanced Image Processing.
- Working with highly skilled people in collaborative agile teams at the frontier of Artificial Intelligence.
- Working with cutting-edge technology and with the latest C++ best practices in a team that is driven by clean code and innovation.
Based on your competences and interests you will have the possibility to shape your own role and develop professionally - we strive for T-shaped competence at Zenseact!
Qualifications & experiences
- Several years of industrial experience and strong C++ development skills.
- You are used to working in Linux.
- Several years of experience with Image Signal Processing.
- Industrial experience with Embedded Software Development.
- Testing and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
- Industry experience in developing software and writing production code.
- You are a problem solver who thrives when faced with complex challenges. You want to understand the broader picture and can quickly adapt to new tasks.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. preferably related to one of the following fields: Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Vision or Robotics.
You like to have fun at work!
Nice to have:
- Experience in Computer Vision and Image processing algorithms.
- GPU Programming, Computer Graphics, or parallel programming on CPU.
- Agile software development methods.
- You are enthusiastic, thrive in an agile collaborative environment, and love to share your knowledge and experience with the team.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same mission: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone.This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.