Do you want to apply your programming skills to something that is expected to save more than 50 000 lives per year? Do you feel intrigued by latest high-tech sensor technologies and like the idea of being involved from the start in implementing core parts of our new vision stack?
If C++ is your favorite language, this could be your dream place to work!
Insights from the Team
We in Team Vision ISP - Camera Systems, part of the Perception & Compute Platform Release Train, work with delivering a production camera and image processing pipeline supporting our in-house vision stack for automotive use-cases, for driver assistance (ADAS) as well as fully automated driving (AD).
The computer vision system is the richest sensor available in the perception platform from an information perspective but is also a challenge to implement robustly. Therefore, we are building a new team, working specifically with the image signal processing of the different cameras. Two Image Engineers started in the team last month, now we want to add two experienced C++ developers also.
We deliver high-quality production code for use in safety-critical automotive systems, requiring our development to follow specific processes, thorough code review and testing. Our work directly influences the performance of the complete vision pipeline and is a key enabler for the whole perception platform. Working with state-of-the-art concepts also means we allow room for knowledge development and learning by performing proof of concepts.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
What's in it for you? As an experienced Software Developer in our new team, you are expected to influence the direction of the product and the way we work in an exciting, fast-paced industry with the mission to save lives and shape the future. All this at a global work place with people from all over the world (we have colleagues from 57 countries to be exact :)). Examples of your work tasks can be:
- Design and implement software, which is modular, testable, maintainable, meeting challenging performance targets and fulfilling the automotive industry safety requirements. You will literally make self-driving cars real (well, the software anyway) and change the world!
- Working with embedded systems, close to the compute platform and with all cameras available in the perception platform.
- Setting up Continuous Testing & Delivery for quality software.
Besides these examples, you have the chance to be:
- Part of a cross-functional and autonomous team, developing algorithms and tools used in our vision SW stack, driving the next-generation Active Safety systems and Autonomous Drive functionality.
- Working together with image experts, gaining experience in advanced Image Processing and delivering a world-class image processing pipeline.
- Working with highly skilled colleagues from across the company in collaborative agile teams at the frontier of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision.
- Working with cutting-edge technology and with the latest C++ best practices in a team that is driven by clean code and innovation.
Based on your competences and interests you will have the possibility to shape your own role and develop professionally - we strive for T-shaped competence at Zenseact!
Qualifications & experiences
- Several years of industrial experience with C++ development.
- You are used to working in Linux.
- Several years of experience with Embedded Software Development.
- Testing and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
- Industry experience in developing software and writing clean and high-quality production code.
- You are a problem solver who thrives when faced with complex challenges. You want to understand the broader picture and can quickly adapt to new tasks.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. preferably related to one of the following fields: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Image Processing or similar.
You like to have fun at work!
Nice to have:
- Experience in Computer Vision and/or Image processing algorithms.
- Experience from Nvidia CUDA.
- GPU Programming, Computer Graphics, or parallel programming on CPU.
- Agile software development methods.
- You are enthusiastic, thrive in an agile collaborative environment, and love to share your knowledge and experience with the team.
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same mission: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone.This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.