Are you curious and passionate about programming and have interest in refining data and logs? Are you happy to take your own initiatives and easy to collaborate with? Furthermore, are you self-driven, innovative, social and have ability to think outside the box? Would you like to be a part of a team which is characterized by an open-minded atmosphere where everyone is welcome. Then this role is for you! Join us and work with cutting-edge technology in a warm inclusive culture, with highly skilled people - and help save millions of lives in the process. Apply today - no CV needed, all we need is your name, email and phone number! We'll cover the rest later.
Insights from the Team
At Zenseact we see data as the crucial tool in building robust and safe Autonomous Driving systems. Our data collection fleet produces vast amounts of data and it is our data team's mission to create the tools and pipelines which make our data powerful.
As a team member, you will be responsible for expanding our toolchains to support the annotation, curation, and refinement of high quality data for the AI Autonomous Driving challenge. In doing so, you will be helping Zenseact in building leading autonomous vehicle systems.
We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong background in Python programming, as well as experience in big data management systems, to join our team and make it real.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
- Work with Zensacts data refinery stack, including our in-house tooling, and well known data systems, to improve our ability to find and refine the most valuable 'golden' data at scale.
- Improve our data management system for data used in deep learning and perception development.
- Work with external partners in our data annotation pipelines including the use of deep learning in data refinement and annotation.
- Design and implement systems for effectively handling issues in data and failures in the data pipeline to ensure a rapid flow of quality data to our downstream AI teams.
What's in it for you?
You have the possibility to influence the direction of our product and the way we work, and the chance to help fulfil our mission of saving lives and shaping the future. Based on your competences and interests you will have the possibility to shape your own role and develop professionally. All this at a global workplace with people from all over the world (we have colleagues from over 50 countries). Zenseact offers a flexible work approach and good work/life balance.
Qualifications & experiences
- Several years of professional experience with software engineering.
- Several years of professional software development in Python.
- Familiarity with data processing tools and data management.
- Experience with development in server-based distributed Linux system.
- Collaborative coding, testing and continuous integration.
- Familiarity with modern modular architectural patterns.
- Familiarity with database management systems.
- Agile mindset and wanting to improve processes with new ideas.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate your ideas effectively in a team.
- Ph.D., M.Sc. or B.Sc. or equivalent experience in a related field such as: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Engineering Physics, Robotics, etc.
Nice to have
- Experience working with industrial sensory data (image, LiDAR, CAN, FlexRay, GPS/IMU, sensor calibration, or similar)
- Experience in developing large scale annotation/labelling pipeline development and management
- Background or interest in databases. SQL and Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow, Prefect or similar technologies
What more do we offer?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
At Zenseact we want to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from pixel to torque. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars and Polestar.
Every year, 1.350.000 people are killed in traffic accidents, another 55.000.000 people are injured. With the push of our technology and the use of our software, we can move towards zero, faster. That's our purpose and that's why we get up in the morning. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.