Insights from the team
Let's start by introducing you to Team Valdag - we consist of four developers, one scrum master, one product owner and one manager. You would become our fifth team-member. All of us have different areas of expertise where we use our combined skills to solve our tasks. We believe that when the entire team collaborates to make an idea real, then the outcome is even greater.
We are a part of Product Enablers in Zenseact and our team's mission is to select data for training and evaluating Zenseact's Computer Vision Algorithms. These algorithms need to be able to handle the long tail of rare, but safety-critical events so we develop methods and tools for finding such data. The tools operate on data from Zenseact's data collection vehicles, but also on data from the customer fleet. This is the data needed to develop our main product; driver assist and autonomous drive software.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
To summarize the main responsibilities:
- Implement Deep Learning in an Embedded environment.
- Support the team with your knowledge of Embedded software development.
- Implement and update Python tools used for Data Analysis and Data Search.
- Together with your colleagues in the team keep an eye on Deep Learning research, and identify methods that could be useful for finding interesting data.
- Implement, adapt and evaluate the methods that show promise.
Your technical profile
- Knowledge of embedded software development for use in production. C++ is our language of choice.
- Python programming experience.
- Knowledge about how to design testable and verifiable software.
- Design patterns for decoupling different parts of software.
- MSc, PhD, PhD student or similar level of experience in a related field such as: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, etc..
It is not a requirement but nice if you have experience in:
- Real time software design.
- Deep learning.
- Image or LiDAR processing.
So who are you?
- You should be someone who likes to collaborate with your colleagues.
- You should dare to show unfinished ideas, and be open to suggestions from your colleagues.
- We spend time on teaching each other something new every week, and we would like you to have a similar mindset.
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
At Zenseact we want to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from pixel to torque. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars and Polestar.
Every year, 1.350.000 people are killed in traffic accidents, another 55.000.000 people are injured. With the push of our technology and the use of our software, we can move towards zero, faster. That's our purpose and that's why we get up in the morning. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.