Do you thrive in an environment that encourages initiative, continuous learning and enables self-organized teams? Do you want to take part in building a brand-new team with an important mission? On top of that, you will join a cutting-edge SaaS company that is about to solve the engineering challenge of the century, self-driving cars. We’re on a mission to go towards zero faster, meaning zero collisions on the roads, through the push of our technology. That will save millions of lives! And you can help us realize that product.
Insights from the Team
We are looking for an embedded software engineer to join a new team focusing on integration towards the classic AUTOSAR environment and the Infineon Aurix Tricore family of hardware. In this environment, we are integrating our SW with the highest safety classification, up to ASIL D, including modules for vehicle control and mode management. You and your new teammates will make sure the software starts and runs as specified by either helping other teams to adapt our stack to the limitations of the underlying hardware and OS, or by updating the specification of how it should run.
Your mission & day-to-day tasks
The mission of the team is to own and drive the development of the integration framework for this specific environment. The team owns the surrounding tools including compiler and linkers, tools for debugging, and tools for testing on PIL.
Example of day-to-day tasks:
- Developing code in C++, C, and Python
- Troubleshooting our software and integration in different integration environments (such as Software in the loop, Processor in the loop, and Hardware in the loop) and owning the inter-processor communication using the SOME/IP framework in the AUTOSAR environment.
- Taking part in the integration of the target environment, staying hands-on and involved in the real-life performance and stability of our product.
- Enhancing the team's effectiveness in understanding the system properties, explaining it to other stakeholders, and making improvements.
- Working close with other teams as well as customers to align on technical matters and timelines and shape workflows for defining interfaces towards the OEM.
Together with the Product Owner, the team defines the most relevant questions to answer and improvements to pursue, and we plan based on both internal and external stakeholder feedback and deliver the improvements incrementally in 2 or 3-week sprints. You will interact with stakeholders to understand what they really need and to verify that the improvements meet expectations.
Your background and experience
We think that you have a B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience) and several years of industrial experience of embedded software engineering. You can find performance bottlenecks and implement improvements in the software integrations, e.g., in inter-process communication, i/o and application synchronization primitives.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Engineering (or equivalent).
- Several years of C/C++ SW development for embedded systems.
- General knowledge about the AUTOSAR classic environment specifically the communication layer and RTE layer of the AUTOSAR stack.
- Experience in automating tests and software builds in CI and delivery flows using Python.
- Debugging on target using different methods (Lauterbach, XCP, or others).
- Knowledge about compilers and linkers and memory management for embedded SW.
- Implementing and tuning inter-process communication.
- Safety-critical software.
- Previous experience of integration of embedded software
- Some previous experience of the Infineon Aurix tri-core family of hardware.
- Knowledge about scheduling and layout for embedded software.
- Knowledge about PIL frameworks (we have used Infineon DAS earlier but are open to new ideas).
- Knowledge about platform abstraction layers (i.e. how to adapt core software to different types of hardware and integration environments)
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
At Zenseact we want to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from pixel to torque. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars and Polestar.
Every year, 1.350.000 people are killed in traffic accidents, another 55.000.000 people are injured. With the push of our technology and the use of our software, we can move towards zero, faster. That's our purpose and that's why we get up in the morning. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.