Zenseact proudly creates software in order to make safe and intelligent mobility real for everyone and everywhere. Team HADES (Highly Autonomous Driving: Exposure & Scenarios), a truly agile team, actively contributes to Zenseact’s mission by developing data-driven, scenario-based verification and validation of our autonomous driving software.
So how do we know which scenarios the vehicle will be exposed to within its operational design domain, and how do we ensure that the software can handle statistically relevant scenarios? Solving these challenges is one of the keys to achieving safe autonomous driving. Therefore, the team exploits data science to create representative models of real-world traffic and to explore the scenario state space.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks:
You will work with large data, closed-loop simulations, test case generation, and statistical modeling to develop data-driven frameworks for scenario-based verification and validation of autonomous driving. You will also work closely with feature developers, data science experts, and other stakeholders.
Your work could include:
- Designing a scenario ontology for scenario-based verification of AD software.
- Developing methods to automatically generate critical synthetic test cases from the scenario database.
- Evaluating the safety norm compliance of our AD software.
- Developing falsification algorithms for a motion planner.
- Supporting the team with your knowledge in scenario-based verification.
- Exploring the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence for scenario-based verification.
Together with the team, you will achieve something that has never been done before. You will get the opportunity to work on complex tasks and expand your knowledge every single day.
We see that you have:
- High academic background, at least an MSc in a relevant engineering discipline like Computer Science.
- Experience with verification and validation of ADAS/AD software, in particular scenario-based verification.
- Knowledge of safety standards, especially ISO/PAS 21448 (SOTIF) and optionally ISO 26262 (Functional Safety).
- Strong programming skills in Python.
Would be a plus if there is experience within:
- Data analysis and statistics.
- Automatic generation of safety-critical scenarios, e.g., reinforcement learning.
- Behaviour modeling of road users.
- Autonomous driving software stack, like trajectory planning.
Team spirit is really important at Zenseact. We would love to see that you enjoy collaborating with your team members, other teams, and stakeholders. You should have great communication skills and a solution-driven mindset. You will thrive at work with us when you love being creatively combined with an ability to bring tasks to completion. We also expect you to strive for continuous improvement, embrace an open feedback culture and dare to fail.
The rest, you tell us.
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.