Zenseact is an autonomous driving software powerhouse on a mission to develop groundbreaking AI and software eliminating collisions in traffic and freeing up time for our users around the globe. Zenseact is deploying its OnePilot autonomous driving service on our lead customers’, Polestar and Volvo Cars, coming vehicle platform that carries game changing compute and sensing technologies never experienced in the Automotive industry. Zenseact China’s mission is to develop and deploy Zenseact’s OnePilot autonomous driving software service for its lead customers Polestar and Volvo Cars in the Chinese market and drive the commercial expansion to other innovative carmakers in China.
Zenseact is built on the inventors of Active Safety from the early 1990’s and elevated with highly skilled AI and Software Engineers from other software-oriented sectors. Today, we are a team of 600+ highly ambitious Engineers based on sites in Shanghai, China and Gothenburg, Sweden.
• Be part of the global agile product organization for Maps and Connectivity
• Help zenseact and its customers enable cloud-business autonomous driving solutions for the Chinese market
• Design or implement cloud applications with Spring Boot/Spring Cloud on top of Azure Kubernetes Services for map platform applications together with teams in Sweden
• Analyze and drive options for setting up cloud services for zenseact China while meeting compliance requirements
• Communicate alternatives, risks and mitigations clearly and early to internal stakeholders
• Keep regular discussions with external stakeholders to follow trends and changes in the Chinese cloud ecosystem
• Take ownership of limitations in the set-up, resource needs and vulnerabilities from a security, technical and/or business perspective
• Play key role in production operations including release updates, incidents handling, troubleshooting, etc.
• Thrive in the startup phase of a new field, where processes and tools are yet to be fully implemented, rather than in a phase of handling legacy structures
• Are able to keep calm and focused in commonly stressful situations
• Enjoy working in a transparent and humble organization where we do our best to live by the agile principles and support each other
• Like to have fun at work, since you are passionate and proud of what we do
We believe that you:
• Have experience of Java, Spring Boot, and Microsoft Azure.
• Have proven knowledge/experience in Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, and other cloud technologies in this area.
• Have a fair share of war stories - be it scars from non-deterministic logging, unexpected downtime for an app used by 100,000+ users, or the like - they may have shaped you to be what we need.
• Were in the trenches finding out how to comply with geographic information/user data changes from the introduction of China's Cybersecurity Law.
• Have been involved in making long term strategic decisions in a dynamic environment and faced the consequences of those choices
• Have concrete examples of being able to anchor decisions internally within an organization and then put in the gear to pursue those endeavors externally – at times going for the nonconventional choice, if a calculated risk calculation favor that choice.
• Are an excellent communicator and can explain complicated technical issues to diverse audiences
• Are experienced in developing, deploying, and operating cloud applications
Experience with any of this will give you an extra edge:
• Experience in working with map suppliers
• Experience or knowledge about compliance in auto industry
• HD/SD maps
In addition, we believe you meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related.
• Background leading a team of software engineers, safeguarding the code that goes into production.
• Previously worked within IoT, distributed service deployment, or related fields
• Fluent in Mandarin and English, both written and spoken
• Chinese citizen