Passionate about business development? Want to join a disruptive SaaS company in the epicenter of everything that’s transforming the automotive industry? How about saving lives through expanding our business? We’re an agile, fast growing tech business. Zenseact is the northern star of autonomous drive and we are looking for our new star to join our business development team, to develop our business and open up new markets globally.
Insights from the team
As a business developer in Zenseact you will be responsible for establishing and growing our commercial relationships with progressive carmakers (OEMs) and full stack solution providers. You will be part of a hungry team, who is responsible beyond customer acquisition also for customer success and expansion of our eco-system, which collectively will increase the market reach of our offering.
In this role you will be the business creator, opening up new relations and see them through to fruition. You’ll be representing the excellence of our autonomous driving software, a highly advanced machinery of components that are executing across our data center, cloud as well inside the OEM vehicles.
The general expectations of a business developer in Zenseact is to:
- Drive the adoption of Zenseact offering through active advocation and thought leadership.
- Individually or in a team of experts, expand Zenseact business by Identifying, Qualifying, Attracting, Closing and On-boarding lighthouse customers.
- Proactively cultivate relationships with account executives and key technical decision makers to establish alignment and secure buy-in and execution.
- Grow the revenue potential, by anticipating needs, communicating value-add solutions that drive OEM business opportunities.
- Identify and communicate key insights from the market, to influence Zenseact strategy and objectives.
- Collaborate with Zenseact Marketing team to ensure relevant and directed communication towards selected accounts.
- An entrepreneurial person, curios to understand the world of autonomous driving.
- You have proven professional experience from the software industry.
- You can take lead in packaging customer proposals and shaping business models.
- A self-starter with little need of supervision finding it rewarding to operate in highly dynamic and uncertain business environments.
- An extroverted relationship builder and persuasive storyteller.
- A persistent negotiator and experienced contract closer.
- A people person with a genuine interest to collaborate with colleagues across skillsets.
Nice to have:
If you have previous experience in Software-as-a-Service business models and embedded software technologies as well as experience from the automotive industry, you’ll stand out from the crowd!
- Degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Fluent in English, both written and orally, additional second languages would be a plus
- Excellent business acumen, and expertise in business development and sales
- 5-10 years of software sales experience relevant to the automotive industry.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to interact in a multicultural environment
- Technical background, preferably from embedded software
- Highly organised with good coordination skills
The business developer role will preferably be based in Gothenburg, but other arrangements can be made. As we operate in a global industry, the role will require international travels.
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.