Do you want to join one of the most interesting industries in the world and affect how the end user perceives the car they're in? Want to be making self driving cars a reality, working with the latest technology within Nominal Motion Planning? Do you want to see your code come to life in a vehicle from one day to another? Would you like to do more than just write code, be surrounded by passionate and talented colleagues, all driven to save lives with their coding skills? Keep reading!
Insights from the team
At Zenseact the Nominal Motion Planning area is expanding and team Newton is looking for more stars to join us! We are a small agile team of 4 developers working with longitudinal control, used for both AD and ADAS.
Newton is looking for a talented Software Developer to join our team. Our mission is to develop controllers that are both safe and comfortable for the end-user. We do this with the help of tests and metrics to evaluate the performance in both simulations and cars.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
As a valuable member of team Newton, you will be developing software for driver-assistance and automated driving systems. You will also work close to our customer, Volvo Cars, to integrate our software. You'll be solving problems, handling requirements, architecture, coding, testing, and investigating and proposing new features that bring value to the customer.
Finding innovative solutions, getting excited about complex challenges and sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team describes well the team's atmosphere!
- Understanding the vehicle dynamics and how we contribute to the behavior of the car.
- Handle requirements, system design, coding, and testing.
- Develop KPI's, make changes and see how they affect the functionality of the car.
- Development in C++ and Python.
- Feature development focusing on comfort decision and control for autonomous driving e.g., handling cut-in scenarios etc.
- Requirement management and traceability.
- Doing exploratory vehicle testing.
- Analyzing logs.
Growth and development are very important for us at Zenseact, thus the role is not limited to these tasks only and can be formable, depending on your own interests.
Team spirit is important at Zenseact, and we are looking for an extrovert, team oriented, communicative person who understands the bigger picture and how the details connect to it. We're looking for a coding generalist and see the following experiences as important.
- At least 3 years of hands-on programming experience, writing production code.
- Coding experience such as C++, Python, or C, but we are open to teach you, if you have solid experience with other languages instead.
- Experience in version control e.g., Git.
- Interest in in-vehicle testing of algorithms.
- Knowledge/experience in control theory and/or path planning.
- Driver license - we do real-time tests in our vehicles.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a field such as Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Enjoy working in a team based international organization with people from different cultures.
Nice to have:
- Experience within the automotive industry
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink.
- You have worked with Docker and Bazel build systems before.
- Linux experience - this is our main environment.
- Experience in continuous integration, working with GoCD/Jenkins.
- You have previously worked in agile teams and enjoy the set-up and the mindset behind it.
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.