Are you passionate about Computer Vision based technology, do you want to solve brand new issues, difficult problems and work with highly-skilled developers on the forefront? Do you want to join a SaaS company where you can save millions of lives, contribute to the development of the future of autonomous driving and work with cutting-edge computer vision? Then continue reading and join our team!
Insights from the team
Team Sensor Characterization is part of the product area Perception and Compute Platform. The team develops calibration algorithms to estimate the precise pose of sensors such as LIDARs and cameras on the vehicles. The algorithms can be run in an offline manner in a controlled space or online while driving the car.
The teams responsibility is a core challenge within Computer Vision & Robotics and by doing so we make autonomous-driving vehicles real and are closer to ''Zero Collisions Faster''. We write production code for safety critical systems, something which requires special processes, thorough code review and testing. As many concepts are state-of-the-art there is room to learn and gain knowledge in various API’s and platforms by proof of concepts.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
Zenseact ADAS and AD products are dependent on accurate calibration at all times. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining calibration framework and algorithms on both development and production platforms. As a result, there is a high pace and all team members actively help and support each other to provide cutting edge calibration.
The team is on a high-paced journey right now and needs a passionate Computer Vision Engineer, who will help us out to establish dynamic calibration, which is striving for scalable solutions.
One day won't be like the other here at Zenseact, but some of your responsibilities would include:
- Implementing cutting edge Computer Vision algorithms, such as a dynamic ground plane estimator, on various sensor modalities.
- Writing code, mainly in C++, but often other languages such as Python and Bash that either implements new- or improve current features in our framework.
- The team provides calibration routines for development fleets all over the world. Helping the team to build new calibration rigs on multiple locations.
- Working with real-data from next generation sensors suites for autonomous vehicles.
- Writing clean and efficient code which complies with automotive safety standards.
- Train other co-workers who will be supporting the newly build calibration rigs abroad.
- Working in the Scrum framework and taking an active role in shaping our work.
Based on your competences and interests you will have the possibility to shape your own role and develop professionally - we strive for T-shaped competence at Zenseact!
Qualifications & experiences
- Algorithm development skills within geometrical vision (e.g. multi-view geometry), robotics or a mathematical background.
- Broad programming experience with languages such as C++ and Python. Willing to learn more in both.
- Industry experience in developing software, preferably for embedded real time applications.
- You are familiar with software development concepts, for example version control, code review, continuous integration.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or PhD. preferably related to one of the following fields: Computer Vision or Robotics, Machine Learning, Physics, Software Engineering or similar.
- A strong team-player, who loves to share and involves others in finding the right solution.
You like to have fun at work!
Nice to have:
- Knows agile framework by heart and strives for enabling efficient software development teams.
- Experience with GPU Programming, Computer Graphics, or parallel programming on CPU.
- Used to work with Linux environment, for example drivers, open-source tools, compiling software.
- Some knowledge about docker, system and integration tests, software architecture design.
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.