Insights from the team
Team MOD is part of the Agile Release Train Static World Driving, developing safety-critical code for Highway Pilot, the unsupervised autonomous driving (AD) feature. We work in collaboration with other teams to develop AD and next generation of ADAS (Advanced Driving Assistance Systems). Our contribution is to deliver software components with high Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASIL) for AD mode management, mechanisms for activating and deactivating the AD feature. By joining us, you will be working with highly skilled people in collaborative agile teams, taking big responsibility in making traffic safer in the future.
Your mission & day-to-day tasks
In this role, you influence the direction of the product in an exciting industry with the mission to save lives and shape the future of mobility.
As a software developer you will:
- together with a team of experts design safety-critical components within the Decision and Control part of Highway Pilot,
- develop high quality C++ code following best industry practices as well as formal guidelines (MISRA, AUTOSAR) and standards (ISO 26262),
- verify the implementation in an extensive test suite that includes integration and unit tests, simulation tests and hardware-in-the-loop tests,
- participate in test drives,
- analyze test drive logs to debug and improve our software.
Your qualifications and experience
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned programmer with strong analytical skills and a background in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or a similar discipline.
We expect you to have the following competences:
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with version control, code review and CI - we use Git/Gerrit, Jenkins, and GoCD
- Ability to successfully work with requirements; breakdown, define and prioritize in line with our company goals and purpose
- Open-mindedness, readiness to learn new technologies and processes
It is a plus if you have at least one of the following:
- Knowledge of Functional Safety concepts (any level)
- Familiarity with formal methods such as formal verification, SMT solving, static analysis and model checking
- Previous experience with developing code with strong formal requirements
- Previous experience working in the automotive industry
We strive for a T-shaped competence profile for all team members, so every member must be open to working on all topics relevant for the team while still fostering their special expertise.
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.