SW Developer – Driver Monitoring
Engineering Roles · Gothenburg, Sweden Flexible Remote
Are you interested in C++ and Python development for self-driving cars but also like the interplay between humans and machines? Then continue reading and join our team!
Are you interested in software design and development for self-driving cars? Do you like the interplay between humans and machines? If you also enjoy C++, Python programming, and testing this role is yours!
Insights from the team
Driver Monitoring team analyses the drivers' behavior and estimates their inattention, sleepiness, and medical status. It is also our responsibility to support and adapt other features based on what drivers are aware and not aware of in real time. We work in collaboration with several other teams within Zenseact to develop safety features of the future. A great chance to get to know our entire full stack software solution!
As a software developer, you will directly influence the direction of Zenseact's product in an exciting industry with the mission to save lives and shape the future of mobility. You will:
- develop Driver Monitoring System (DMS) features such as Driver State Warning and Driver Attentive
- help adapting ADAS/AD features based on real time driver behavior
- design software modules and signal interfaces, to enable testability and modularization
- use cutting-edge sensor technology to develop and improve our features
- create tests and maintain requirements traceability
- ensure quality and safety of our deliveries to customers
- improve and automate our workflow
- contribute to the team’s deliveries through collaboration and reviews
Your background and experience
You have strong professional experience within embedded software development where real-time algorithms are taken in as requirements and realized into software features, in an agile, team-based development environment. You complete the teams’ competence profiles with a background of working with software architecture, different design patterns, and code structure.
You believe in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment - you will always be one command-line away from building our fully reviewed and tested complete SW stack!
You are safety-oriented, you love to learn, and you have a growth mindset.
- Proficiency in Python and C++, where you feel extra confident in Python
- 2+ years of industry experience within embedded software development
- Experience using a Linux-based development environment
- Experience with version control and CI - we use Git/Gerrit, Jenkins, and GoCD
- Embrace the agile development mindset
- Knowledge of Bazel
- Functional safety knowledge (any level)
- Background/education in control theory, system identification, statistical modeling
- Interest to test the features you design in vehicles – implement in the morning, test on road in the afternoon!
- Experience working with hardware / electronics
- Background in Human Perception, especially if applied to traffic environment
- Background in Driver Monitoring sensing technology
- Experience from automotive industry
We strive for a T-shaped competence profile for all team members, so every member must be open to work on all topics relevant for the team while still fostering their special expertise.
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.