Insights from the Team
Zenseact is flooded with sensor data from our collection fleet. Our data team's objective is to build the machine which can concentrate this data for perception algorithm development.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for expanding our database layer, distributed deep learning prediction solution, annotation pipeline, and curation framework, which together handle data for solving the perception problem. In doing so, you will be helping Zenseact build the first fully autonomous car.
We are looking for an individual with an exceptional background in big data management systems and Python programming to join our team and make it real.
Your mission and illustrative day-to-day tasks
- Work with our modern stack for processing multi-sensor vehicle data, learning about modern vehicle architectures and the way in which data is processed and fetched from our collection fleet.
- Integrate neural networks into our data selection and annotation pipelines.
- Improve our deep learning training data management to enable rapid experimentation and improvement of the perception stack.
What's in it for you?
You have the possibility to influence the direction of our product and the way we work, and the chance to help fulfill our mission of saving lives and shaping the future. Based on your competences and interests you will have the possibility to shape your own role and develop professionally. All this at a global workplace with people from all over the world (we have colleagues from 57 countries to be exact). Zenseact offers a flexible work approach and good work/life balance.
Qualifications & experiences
- Several years of industrial experience with programming in Python
- Experience in writing and optimizing production code
- Database management systems (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and similar)
- Distributed data engineering solutions (Spark, Hadoop, Presto and similar)
- Modern microservice architecture
- Collaborative coding, testing and continuous integration
- Agile mindset and wanting to improve processes with new, fresh ideas
- Ph.D., M.Sc. or B.Sc. in a related field such as: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Engineering Physics, Robotics, etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with industrial sensory data (CAN, Image, LiDAR, GPS/IMU, sensor calibration, or similar)
- Machine Learning (Computer Vision)
- Microsoft Azure
- Annotation pipelines development and management
- Modern embedded C++
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.