Insights from the team
At Zenseact the Nominal Motion Planning area is expanding and team Bode is looking for more stars to join us! In the area, we work in small agile and autonomous teams and our tasks include motion planning, target selection based on target tracking output and the road model. Afterwards follows the decision making for car features.
At Bode we are 6 people in the team and are looking for a talented Software Developer to join our team. We design and develop features such as ACC and Traffic Jam Pilot in order to provide comfort longitudinal experience in the car. Another of our tasks is to develop tests and metrics to evaluate the performance in both simulations and field testing.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
As a valuable member of team Bode, you will be delivering nominal motion planning for driver-assistance and automated driving systems. You will be owning the software architecture within our software block and also investigating and proposing new features that bring value to the customer.
Finding innovative solutions, getting excited about complex challenges and sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team describes well the teams atmosphere! Now you wonder, how would practically a day as a Software Developer at Bode look like? Well, we strive for T-shaped competence in the team, thus there is a big variety in our work tasks but here are some examples:
- Feature development in embedded C++ and Python.
- End to end feature development focusing on comfort decision and control for autonomous driving e.g. handling cut-in vehicles etc.
- Requirement management and traceability.
- Doing exploratory end-to-end testing.
- Log file analysis.
- Continuous development through:
- Designing and maintaining relevant KPIs
- MIL, SIL, PIL, HIL testing
- Driving feature closed loop
Growth and development are very important for us at Zenseact, thus the role is not limited to these tasks only and can be formable, depending on your own interests.
Team-spirit is really important at Zenseact, thus we value your personality and mindset at least as much, as your qualifications and skills. At team Bode we see the following experiences important for the next super star, who will be joining our team:
- At least 3 years hands-on programming experience, writing production code.
- Preferably, you are comfortable with embedded C++ and/or Python, but we are open to teach you, if you have solid experience with other languages instead.
- Interest in in-vehicle testing of algorithms.
- Knowledge/experience in control theory and/or path planning
- Driver license - we do real-time tests in our vehicles
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a field such as Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Enjoy working in a team based international organization with people from different cultures
Nice to have:
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink.
- You have worked with Docker and Bazel build systems before.
- Linux experience - this is our main environment.
- Experience in continuous integration, working with gocd/jenkins.
- You have previously worked in agile teams and enjoy the set-up and the mindset behind it.
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.