Insights from the team
Zenseact is looking for an IP Manager who will be an essential part of the small Legal & IP Team, that together are responsible for all Legal & IP matters for Zenseact globally. The Zenseact Legal & IP Team believes in an open and collaborative way of working, where the team members complement each other to create the best possible result for the company, and to create a strong IP position for Zenseact in order to support its business goals.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks:
The IP manager will build and manage Zenseact´s growing patent portfolio in order to ensure that Zenseact has a competitive position in the marketplace going forward. The IP manager will also work with securing other control positions for the company, through strategic use of IP, and will work closely with all parts of the organization, from advising the leadership team to encourage innovation and inventions in the engineering teams . This is a unique opportunity for a creative individual that enjoys to make things happen.
One day is not like the other in the Legal & IP team, but here comes some examples of your responsibilities:
- Manage inventions life cycle - from trainings, innovation work shops, identification of patentable inventions, drafting, filing to prosecution and portfolio management.
- Work with diverse stakeholders, such as external patent attorneys, engineers, finance, business etc. to achieve a valuable IP portfolio of patents and related rights.
- Work closely with engineering teams to stay on top of Zenseact technologies, as well to encourage and educate them within IP strategy aspects.
- Provide valuable insights to the organization through IP intelligence searches, patent analysis, clearance and landscaping.
- Be a part of setting up the overall intellectual property strategy of Zenseact , how to protect current and planned products, the competitive landscape, potential litigation and more.
- Manage multiple external patent firms for performance and cost. Track the portfolio to handle necessary legal obligations like IDS reporting etc.
- Encourage strategic and compliant use of open source software.
- Participate in policy and process development, and lead trainings and workshops to increase IP awareness and culture within Zenseact.
- Potentially assist in agreement work related to IP and patents.
Your Background and Experiences:
- At least 3 years of experience as an IP manager or similar, preferably in an in-house role.
- You are experienced with invention evaluation and patent prosecution and/or litigation, in Europe, China and the Unites States.
- You have knowledge and experience within other software IP related issues, such as open source, trade secrets etc.
- You have a M.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- You are fluent in English, written and spoken.
- You are curious, entrepreneurial, like to have freedom and taking on a variety of different tasks.
- You have an outgoing personality and are not afraid of taking own initiatives and build strong relations with other teams.
- Preferably, you have experience from a start-up or entrepreneurial environment, such as within the software industry.
- Previous experience working in an agile environment, embracing the agile mindset and thriving in a flat-organization structure, without heavy-hierarchy.
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.