Insights from the Team
At Zenseact the Target Tracking area is expanding and team Strider is looking for more stars to join us! In the whole Target Tracking area, we work in small agile and autonomous teams and our tasks include tracking of road users by fusing data from multiple sensors to create 360 degree perception. Algorithm development and deployment is part of our daily work.
In team Strider we develop tests and metrics to evaluate the algorithm's status as well as tools for visualization and benchmarking. We test our algorithms in real-time directly in Zenseact’s vehicles, continuously integrating with other teams in the Target Tracking area and the rest of Zenseact. The team focuses on sharing knowledge through collaboration and investigations of interesting new topics.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
As a Software Developer at Zenseact you will be contributing to saving thousands of lives on the road, by making self-driving cars real for the first time and solving the engineering challenge of the century! Now, how would your day at team Strider look like? Well, one day is not like the other, because you will constantly developing and trying new things, but here comes some examples:
- Developing Target Tracking related algorithms such as sensor pre-processing, data association and Bayesian filtering.
- Developing high quality and safe software using C++ best practices.
- Developing supporting tools in Python.
- Driving all aspects of product development - from requirement analysis and concept development to implementation and in-car testing.
- Fault tracing in test vehicles - troubleshooting and finding the root cause.
- Working with highly skilled people in collaborative agile teams. At Zenseact we have flexible way of working with focus on autonomous teams with a lot of freedom and responsibility!
We are looking for a curious person and a true problem solver, who likes to take on challenges and gets excited about solving complex tasks. When it comes to qualifications, we see the following as important for the team:
- Several years of industrial experience developing high quality software.
- Broad programming experience. It will be great if you are comfortable with C++ and Python but we are open to teach you if these languages haven't been your focus before.
- Experience from integrating Software in complex products and projects.
- Previous experience in testing and troubleshooting.
- You are a problem solver who thrives when faced with complex challenges. You want to understand the broader picture and can quickly adapt to new tasks.
- Enthusiasm in sharing your knowledge and expertise with the team.
- Ph.D., M.Sc., or B.Sc. related to one of the following fields: Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in functional safety (FuSa)
- Background within signal processing, control system or similar topics.
- Experience with HW-related diagnostics tools in embedded systems.
- The team is working mainly with Linux, thus previous experience is valuable.
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration/Delivery.
- Agile software developments methods.
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.