Are you an experienced leader with capability to coach cross functional teams to become high performing, inspire people and develop future innovation? Zenseact is creating the future of mobility and saving thousands of human lives on the way, thus we need awesome Engineering Managers to help our teams make it even more real!
Insights from the Team
Zenseact continues its growth journey and we are looking again for a new Engineering Manager to join our growing teams and organization! Apply during the summer and let's have a chat after vacation period!
As an Engineering Manager you will be part of a global EM community and will be exchanging ideas and knowledge with other innovative servant leaders on a daily basis.
In order to continue to drive the strong growth at Zenseact and create even stronger development teams within our different product areas, we are looking for individuals who are experienced with the agile framework and want to be part of forming a software company within AD/ADAS.
Your mission is to coach world-class software development teams and always having the people and customer needs in focus. You will be investing in the personal growth of the team members and empowering them to lead Zenseact’s future.
Now, how would a day of your job as an Engineering Manager look like? No day is like the other, but here is an example:
- Attending the morning stand-ups in a couple of your teams, in order to understand better their daily challenges.
- Attending the EM Community, where leaders throughout Zenseact share challenges and success stories and empower each other.
- Planning dialogue with a fellow EM about an upcoming inspiration workshop for a bunch of teams on how to excel your spirits and well-being when working remotely.
- 1:1 talk with one of your talents. The engineer is experiencing some obstacles and frustrations and your are helping to remove them.
- Attending an interview with a very promising talent, where you present Zenseact and you want to find out what the candidate wants to do in the future and how can this match Zenseacts long-term needs.
- Engaging on different operational and strategic activities, both on teams and company level. For example working on recommendation and guidelines on how to handle technical debt issues.
- Drive Zenseacts Way of Working processes and also securing that the teams know how to follow these processes as part of their development work.
- Development of competence matrix with your team, defining and recruiting missing competencies.
- Working in close collaboration with other leaders within the organization, such as Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers etc.
Basically, you will be living and breathing the company culture and letting this guide the continuous improvement of our way of working. You will be also enabling flexibility, robustness and innovation by supporting the development of technical as well as personal skills in the teams. On the way, you will be assuring the teams have right competences and define and recruit the missing ones.
We want you to show us how your leadership and coaching can make our teams exceed expectations. Your foundation should be:
- A proven ability to build and develop high performing teams.
- Previous experience from leadership roles, where you have been successfully leading and inspiring teams.
- Strong foundation in agile understanding and coaching skills; having a tool-box of agile and coaching methodologies you can apply flexibly.
- Scrum, Kanban, LeanStartUp, Sprint-Work is familiar to you, having a scrum master certification/ experience would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
- An innovative and flexible mindset.
- Technical background either from previous experience or educational background.
- Preferably leadership and experience from software development
- The rest, you tell us...
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Please note that we will start reviewing applications and booking interviews from week 33 onwards.