Insights from the Team
The Emergency longitudinal decision-making teams are responsible for delivering emergency decision-making components in real time. We work in collaboration with other teams to develop active safety features. Our contribution is to develop safety critical algorithms, thus enabling collision mitigation and providing a safe ride for car passengers by avoiding crashes. By joining us, you will enter our migration where we say farewell to our feature implementation in Matlab/Simulink and transition into an implementation in modern C++. We really look forward to having passionate programmers join our team.
Your mission & day-to-day tasks
In this role, you influence the direction of the product in an exciting industry with the mission to save lives and shape the future of mobility. You will spend your time along the bullet points below:
- Develop collision avoidance features such as Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Create tests and maintain traceability to the requirements
- Design the software module and its signal interfaces, to enable testability and modularization
- Use new sensor input or systems to develop and improve our features
- Ensure the quality and safety of our delivery to customers
- Improve and automate our workflow
- Contribute to the teams’ deliveries through collaboration and reviews
Your background & experience
You have strong professional experience within embedded software development where real-time algorithms are taken in as requirements and realized into software features, preferably in an agile, team-based development environment. You complete the teams’ competence profiles with a background of working with software architecture, different design patterns and code structure. It is also very meritorious if you have been using a DevOps approach in your software engineering where updates continuously are integrated into an automatic testing machinery. We would like you to have a test-driven and safety-oriented attitude, but most important of all – a growth mindset.
- Programming in C++ is your passion!
- Some years of industry experience within embedded software development
- Experience using a Linux-based development environment
- You know Git
- Developing embedded real-time algorithms is one of your strong skills.
- You embrace the agile development mindset.
- Test-driven development attitude
- Knowledge in vehicle dynamics
- Programming experience with Python/MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience in working in CI/CD pipeline using Bazel
- Experience using data from different sensor modalities
- Functional safety and or AUTOSAR experience
- Computer vision and/or control theory knowledge
- An interest to test our features in vehicle
We strive for a T-shaped competence profile for all team members, so every member must be open to work on all topics relevant for the team while still fostering their special expertise.
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.