Just as safety, data is key for how Zenseact develops software for self-driving cars. Gb/s streams in cars quickly accumulates to petabytes of data in our data centers. Managing and processing this is a major challenge: Zenseact needs you!
When developing our world leading algorithms for the automotive industry, Zenseact sets tough requirements on data quality. To detect the surroundings of the car with high accuracy we use many different sensors including high-resolution cameras, radars, LiDARs, ultrasonic sensors and positioning systems. The data rates generated by these sensors reaches over 15 Gbit/s which quickly accumulates to petabytes of data divided over millions of files. In order to be able to navigate in and generate value from this huge dataset we need to be experts in data processing and management.
Zenseact has several teams working in the area of data processing and High-Performance Computing, and you will be part of a team that is responsible for handling data for Zenseact 's in-house development cars. The team works on data post-processing tools and pipelines, and data indexing and metadata extraction using a mix of in-house software and commercial hardware and software.
As a Data Engineer you will be part of an agile development team and have a broad role with variation. Your daily tasks will comprise of:
- Developing software for disk ingestion station
- Contribute to the development of vehicle data conversion tools and framework
- Interacting with Database (Postgres)
- Support other development teams
- A Master’s degree or higher in Engineering or Science is preferred, but also a Bachelor’s degree with some years of successful working experience is of interest.
- Working and developing software in a Linux environment, including shell scripting.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Working in a team based organisation - collaboration skills, sense of responsibly and willingness to share knowledge and experiences.
- An enthusiastic person who thrives in an agile working culture
- Scrum master experience
- SQL and no-SQL database experience.
- C++ programming skills
- Experienced of containerised software, e.g. Docker.
- High-Performance Computing experience.
- Big data technologies.
- RESTful or GraphQL API design and development.
- Data acquisition techniques and systems knowledge.
- Time-series and logging file formats such as PCAP, MDF4 and HDF5.
- Automotive network communication, in particular CAN, FlexRay and automotive Ethernet.
- Experience in automotive software and Active Safety systems.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.