Do you want to change the world by enabling self driving cars? Can you help us navigate all various legal challenges in our expanding business? Join our Legal & IP team as a Legal Counsel!
Insights from the Team
The Legal Counsel is an essential team member in Zenseact's Legal & IP Team, that is responsible for all Legal & IP matters for Zenseact globally. The Legal & IP Team foster an open and collaborative way of working, where the team members complement each other to create the best possible result for the company. We strive to make autonomous driving real, which is a true challenge, not only in the field of technology, but also within the fields of legal, privacy, IP control and compliance, making this a unique opportunity to grow together with us, and to really make an impact and contribute to the short and long term success of Zenseact.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
As a legal counsel at Zenseact you will work in close co-operation with all parts of the organization to provide legal advice that supports our short and long term strategy. Your responsibility is to understand the complex landscape that Zenseact operate in, and proactively develop legal solutions to support our ambition to become a leading software platform within the autonomous driving, in collaboration with our partners.
You will draft contracts, participate in negotiating deals with suppliers and partners, as well as identify, balance and handle various legal and compliance risks. You will also provide hands on support in the areas of privacy and IP as well as further develop and maintain the corporate compliance program.
Example of your day-to-day tasks can be:
- Proactively provide legal advice to all parts of the organization to support all aspects of their daily operation.
- Draft and negotiate contracts for diverse business agreements, including supplier agreements, purchasing agreements, partner agreements, evaluation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, research agreements, licensing, NDAs etc. Manage external legal resources as necessary.
- Support with best practices and develop, maintain and provide supporting policies, procedures, guidelines, trainings, and templates.
- Ensure that Zenseact and our products are compliant with laws and regulations on the markets where we act relating to areas like data protection including GDPR, security and other relevant laws.
- Support the protection and risk mitigation relating to Intellectual Property including trademarks, open source, data and software.
- Create and maintain effective internal processes and programs relating to corporate compliance.
- Provide advice when it comes to the specific regulations in the autonomous vehicle space.
- Maintain proficient understanding of international legal and policy developments that may affect the product and tech aspects of the business.
Besides, you will be surrounded by a truly agile and international environment - we have colleagues from more then 57 different nationalities! Based on your competences and interests you will have the possibility to shape your own role and develop professionally - we strive for T-shaped competence at Zenseact!
Qualifications & experiences
- You have a Swedish master's degree in Law or equivalent, and good knowledge of core legal issues in local and international environment.
- You have at least 7 years of experience from legal departments or law firms. In-house experience is a strong advantage.
- You have a solid legal knowledge and experience within general commercial law, data privacy and IP.
- Experience in negotiating commercial agreements.
- Good knowledge of data privacy and experienced with handling and dealing with GDPR related questions and negotiating data protection agreements.
- Interest and knowledge in Corporate compliance matters.
- You are self-motivated and proactive and can identify, drive and handle matters on your own. You can prioritize and down-prioritize as necessary to best support our business needs.
- You understand technology and can translate it into a complex legal environment.
- You shall be able to exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic and fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience from a start-up or entrepreneurial environment, such as within a software company and thriving in that kind of fast moving setting, including the ability to easily navigate in a non-hierarchical agile context.
- Proven ability to provide quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risk versus business reward.
- Previous legal experience from a data driven and/or service business.
- Previous experience working in agile, cross-functional teams.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same mission: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.