When developing our world leading algorithms for the automotive industry, Zenseact sets tough requirements on data quality. To detect the surroundings of the car with high accuracy we use many different sensors including high-resolution cameras, radars, LiDARs, ultrasonic sensors and positioning systems. The data rates generated by these sensors reaches over 25 Gbit/s which quickly accumulates to petabytes of data divided over millions of files.
To be able to capture this data flow with high enough time precision we need state of the art systems for data acquisition and data processing. We have multiple teams working in this area, and you will be part of a team who is responsible for development and implementation of in-car data acquisition systems.
As a Data Acquisition Engineer you will be part of an agile development team and have a broad role with variation. Your daily tasks will comprise of:
- Defining the next generation of big data logging solutions
- Developing software to test hardware, validate networking performance, and user interfaces for logging activation
- In vehicle configuration, logging, and testing
We are looking for someone with minimum a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent along with some years of successful working experience. Furthermore, we believe you have:
- Familiar with Python programming
- Working and developing software in a Linux environment, including shell scripting
- Hands on experience connecting systems and collecting data
- Experience from SW development and CI/CD understanding ( git, gerrit, pipelines, etc
We are working in a truly agile environment so you must have solid communication and team working skills. A successful candidate will be able to take on new tasks working independently and in coordination with a number of other teams.
- Data logging, organization, and time synchronization (PTP)
- Automotive network communication (CAN, Flexray, etc.)
- Ethernet communication
- Network performance analysis (Wireshark)
- SW Development (C++)
- Experience from automotive industry
- Experience from Agile/SAFe way of working
You are perfect for this role if you:
- Are outgoing, humble, open and self-driven
- Have good communication skills and contribute to solving problems within your team and other teams
- Embrace close collaboration on tasks
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.