Zenseact is looking for a Chief Architect, who will pursue a key role in our Product Leadership team, by defining and guiding our way forward in becoming a platform company!
Zenseact is on a mission of making Autonomous Driving (AD) real and bringing it in private vehicles on the road. With our strong, diverse teams in place and safety heritage (after all, AD is all about safety) we are now set to accelerate our AD efforts. This includes evolving our AD/ADAS product by opening it up through common interfaces - turning it into a platform with a 3rd party eco-system. This is where our Chief Architect will truly make a difference!
Your mission and day-to-day tasks:
You have the possibility to create and cater for high-level architecture models to reflect the organizations business needs and long-term goals (Architecture – the complete architecture for Zenseacts product/platform, including onboard (embedded systems) and offboard (cloud)).
Example of your work tasks can be:
- Create a long-term roadmap for the architecture and continuously implement the business strategies and goals in the organization.
- Communicate the architecture roadmap throughout the whole organization.
- Deploy and implement the Zenseact architecture in the organization.
- Lead the creation of anatomy plans. Provide guidance in which order we should perform our architectural tasks.
- Work closely together with system architects and build alignment around strategies. Keep an overall and consistent overview of the system architecture.
- Collaborate with different development teams and build a culture of transparency and best practices.
- Monitor and anticipate upcoming new technological trends/changes and align the architectural roadmaps accordingly.
Besides these examples, you have the chance to be:
- Part of a cross functional and autonomous team, working with the latest cutting-edge technology, on a mission to save lives.
- Working with highly skilled people in collaborative agile teams at the frontier of artificial intelligence.
All this at a global work place with experts from all over the world (we have colleagues from 57 countries to be exact).
Based on your competences and interests you will have the possibility to shape your own role and develop - we strive for T-shaped competence at Zenseact!
Your background and skills:
To be successful in this role, we believe you are an experienced architect with strong leadership skills, who can inspire teams of other architects to follow on an exciting roadmap journey, where the software architecture will be transformed. For example you have successfully led the architecture at an innovative SaaS company with spearhead technology. Further, we believe you are attracted to become part of a fast-paced company, shaping a new industry and changing the way the world sees mobility today.
- Around 10-15 years of experience as an architect, working with Software Systems.
- Experience with both embedded systems and cloud technologies - Cloud native applications.
- You have been building high availability embedded systems, including software and hardware redundancy concepts.
- You have successfully been building platform eco-systems.
- We put large focus on your leadership skills.
- You have the ability to communicate internally at all levels as well as with customers and partners.
- You feel excited to be in the unknown and lead something new.
- Challenging the status Quo, bringing up new solutions and being able to see things from a different perspective.
- Experience from a fast-paced SaaS company.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same mission: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone.This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.