Zenseact is looking for a talent with both Architect & Engineer mindset to join our Data Platforms team (ZDP) in Gothenburg.
ZDP oversee and manage the smooth operation and continual development of the large-scale computing environments used to develop autonomous driving technology. This technology will be used in production vehicles across the globe to change how society utilises transportation & mobility.
Zenseact is working to deliver both high-end ADAS and fully Autonomous Driving functionality (both supervised & unsupervised). To achieve this, Zenseact is investing in a modern large-scale computing environment which will scale to 200PiB of primary data, can support hundreds of thousands of computational cores, thousands of GPUs and in excess of 1TB/s of aggregated throughput from storage connected via Infiniband. This environment is wrapped with user login facilities, a native Kubernetes layer and located in a sustainable facility in Sweden. ZDP team plays an integral role in shaping this investment for the future of Autonomous Driving!
Our demands scale high, and our infrastructure can scale even higher. We need the best & brightest minds to tackle the problems of tomorrow and form the future of mobility.
As a HPC engineer at Zenseact you will act as one of our internal HPC “experts”.
You will ensure the smooth daily operations of our HPC environment and help support our users in the business to ensure that Zenseact gets the most value and performance out of the solution as possible.
One part of your role will be to work with our service provider to continually improve our HPC platform. The other part of your role will be to act as one of the internal HPC experts and help users to understand the capability of the solution, show recommended ways of working, help manage workloads, stop/start jobs, prioritize jobs, remove bottlenecks, improve service etc.
You will help capture problems and requirements from users & projects in the business, work with other IT resources to find solutions to these problems, identify areas that may become strained or valuable in the future, and appraise & evaluate new technology applicable to existing or potential requirements. And this is only the start of it.
The tasks are divided in both individual work and projects in team. You will work in a small and agile team with IT colleagues from Sweden & China, as well as interacting with external collaborators, suppliers etc. from across the globe. Your decisions matter and you will be given a high degree of trust and empowered to solve issues to ensure that the business receives the IT services that they need.
Your role will be to ensure that this works smoothly, this includes:
- Act as a local Subject Matter Expert, SME for everything related to HPC including operating systems, login nodes/VDI, configuration, hardware, applications, schedulers etc.
- Assist in developing standards and work with our external providers to implement them.
- Participate in Change Advisory Board, CAB to propose, review and approve standards, exceptions etc.
- Participate in both internal IT and business projects as SME
- Work with technical users in the business areas and support them with workflow optimization, implement automation etc to improve the overall user experience and efficiency
- Work with our external service providers to assist in advanced troubleshooting, reviewing and signing off Root Cause Analysis reports etc.
- Support service vendor IT support staff with troubleshooting etc.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of processes and tools both within Core IT and the greater organization.
You will be a part of building and maintaining the IT infrastructure, both on premise and on public cloud providers. You will get a chance to work with large-scale solutions, build cool and exciting things using modern technologies which may be either new or pushing the boundaries of what already exists … or probably both.
To be successful in this position you are a Linux native and fluent in Python, as well as other scripting languages. You have experience from working with HPC technologies and are familiar with tools like Docker / Singularity and Slurm as well as Ansible or other infrastructure automation tools.
It is important that you have a great ability to co-operate with customers, suppliers and colleagues. The ability to handle teamwork and co-operation is an important skill to maintain at a high standard and quality delivery to our customers.
You need to be a fast learner and have an understanding of administering an HPC solution in an enterprise environment with a modern approach using “DevOps toolsets”. You will be working with standard and automation, ensure that we have an environment that we can easily monitor and maintain, supporting our developers as well as IT services. Your ability to coordinate, prioritize and handle more than one task at the same time will help you succeed in this.
In addition, we believe you meet the following requirements:
- Around 3 years of relevant Linux experience
- At least 3 years experience of HPC administration in an enterprise environment including administration of network, servers, clients, storage etc.
- Experience with storage concepts such as scale-out NAS (NFS), SMB, parallel filesystems, POSIX, and object storage (to name but a few) is an important asset
- Experience with parallel computing (HPC/HTC), Deep Learning, performance troubleshooting & optimization, and/or operating environments at large scale will be advantageous.
- Communicative and a positive attitude towards customers and colleagues.
- Understand and speak English at a professional level.
- Organized and strive for results and quality.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.